It's really not hard to quit smoking if you understand what you are up against. You have to understand the addiction that you are facing in order to conquer it. Knowledge is power and I will share with you the information you need to break the chains of addiction forever.
Today I will discuss a few topics to get you started quitting smoking . I will continue to post information daily to help you better understand how to stop smoking for good and help you understand that once you get out from under the addiction how wonderful your life will become.
- YOU ARE A DRUG ADDICT
- The drug you are addicted to is nicotine and some say it is the most powerful drug in the world. More powerful than heroin, cocaine or any other drug. If you were not addicted you would not need to smoke another cigarette. I am going to show you how to remove the drug from your system and get back to living a drug free life. Step 1 - admit you are an addict.
- UNDERSTAND THE DRUG YOU ARE UP AGAINST
- When you place nicotine in your body you create receptors in your brain. These receptors have one goal, to get more nicotine. They did not exist before you started smoking, you created them when you introduced nicotine to your body. The good news is you can shut these receptors down and quit smoking - I'm going to show you how but the simple answer is that in time if you stop feeding them nicotine they will close up and stop asking for more.
- DO NOT USE NICOTINE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- This is the biggest scam of the modern era. The only way to stop your addiction is to remove the drug. Putting the drug back into your system whether it is in the form of a patch, gum or lozenge is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It takes only 72 hours of abstinence from nicotine to completely remove the drug from your system. That means you will no longer have a physical addiction. But if you continue to place nicotine in your body you will never overcome the physical addiction and never quit smoking. Take the 72 hour challenge and see for yourelf.
This is a very brief introduction to help you get started. I do not expect you to stop smoking today, but in time as you gain more knowledge about why you smoke I am confident that you will join me in quitting. Together we will conquer this addiction. Good luck!!