Monday, December 10, 2012

IS TODAY THE DAY YOUR GOING TO QUIT SMOKING

You've  put quitting smoking off long enough.  If your like most people you have picked tomorrow to quit a number of times, but somehow your plan gets derailed as early as 5 minutes after you get out of bed in the morning.

I'm going to have a stressful day at work today, or I have a dinner party that drinks will be served and I know this isn't a good day to quit smoking.  I'll start tomorrow. 

You can find an excuse almost every minute of every day not to quit smoking.  The addict in you, the one who is addicted to nicotine, will keep reminding you how much you enjoy smoking and what a sacrifice it will be to give it up.

Remember one thing, once you are no longer addicted to nicotine, smoking cigarettes will no longer be pleasurable, or even something you  ever think about.  It is simply a matter of getting over that bridge to the other side where you can clearly see that.  As an addict, nothing is clear in your mind, nothing matters but the next injection of your drug, nothing is more important than the almighty smoke.  I controls every aspect of your life, and until you decide to consciously make a change, you will continue to travel down the same road.

A wise man once said, "If you continue to do what you've always done, you'll continue to get what you've always got." 

Make today the day you draw that line in the sand and say no more, no matter what I do, no matter how bad my brain thinks I need a cigarette, I will not have one.  I will take control of my thoughts, my destiny, and my life.

Good luck, and I hope today is the day you start your new life!!



No comments:

Post a Comment